Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Five days, 4 nights, and 9 words...

Since the wedding pictures are taking to long for me to get I will just go out of order and start with Spring break instead! Me, Jennilyn, and Brande all planned a trip to bear lake for the break...this is how it was suppose to go...Me and Jennilyn would drive up Tuesday then Brande would come up Wednesday and we would all just have a grand ol time then on Friday my family and my other friend Mueller would come up and Saturday Brande and Jennilyn would leave in the morning to get home for work and I would stay with my family and Mueller!....well lets just say plans changed...I'll break the week down for you. (Jennilyn is weird and wanted to take a picture with the umbrella...and did so everyday so each pic of her marks a new day.)

Day ONE (Tuesday)This is the exact spot me and Jennilyn spent over 48 hours through out the week...I'm not embarrassed to say that because believe me it was worth it haha So the first day we basically just chilled and watched movies!Night ONE(Tuesday=normal)
Day TWO (Wednesday)Brande arrived around 5 in the P.M. this is vital information for later...When she got there we decided to try out a new desert called cake pops! They were really fun to make but took a long time but they turned out so cute! (I added more pics at the bottom of this post to show more of the process) Then we decided to make some pizzas for dinner..which I also thought was fun. After all of that cooking for five hours we decided to watch a movie around 11. After that movie got over at 1 in the A.M we decided to watch another one. It was spring break and so we could go to bed late and wake up late...like as in 2 or 3 P.M :) ok so sometime throughout the second movie around 3 Brande went to bed...this was normal and she was just tired cause it was late..so then around 4 me and Jennilyn go to bed! (I have to be specific with the times because what happens next will shock you...it did us!)These are the cake pops that turned out cute! they were mostly balls and cupcakes! cause we couldn't think of any other way to shape them!We watch Disterbia and this is how me and Jennilyn spent most of the time...under our blankets! bad idea to watch a scary movie alone at a cabin!Night TWO (Wednesday=not so normal)
Day THREE (Thursday)Ok so after me and Jennilyn go to bed at 4 we see that Brande is already asleep so we just slip into bed trying to be quiet...Then we wake up the next morning which is Thursday to an event that i will never forget!!! I woke up and walked over to the window to see if it was snowing yet and when I did I saw that Brande's car was MIA..so i quickly wake Jennilyn up and tell her that Brande is missing! Jennilyn, in her discombobulated state, stumbles to the window and says oh she must have gone to the store...um NO!! Turns out Brande just peaced it in the middle of the night...yes that is right she split while we were sleeping! So me and Jennilyn hurry down stairs to try to figure the situation out and discover Brande had packed up all her stuff + some of our stuff and went home! and she left us a little note with 9 words that said "Meg and Jen, Not having a good time. bye..." This girl is psycho! This had never happened to us before and we didn't even know what to do...it ruined our whole Thursday! well almost...we bounced back pretty quick but we were both pretty ornery for a while! and She was there less then 24 hours and she was Jennilyn's ride home!!! so thank goodness Jennilyn's parent's rock and drove 2 hours up and 2 hours back to pick her up! (oh and everyone always asks if there was a fight or argument leading up to Brande's disappearance and the answer is NO! no fight, no disagreement, no argument..nothing! we just made all that stuff watched movies then went to bed..) To try to make our selves not ornery we did our toes...and notice that neither of us could even get ready this day because we were so mad! we both looked like crap and felt like crap!! But the good news is after we snapped out of what had just happened to us we learned the Hannah Montana Ho Down!
Then at around 10 in the P.M me and Jennilyn hear a thud on our front door window...it scares the crap out of us cause we didn't know if it was somebody knocking or throwing something because it was really loud..so we freak out and i call my mom..Jodie in the calmest voice says "well go see what it was" so Jennilyn goes and looks out the window and then gets a sad face and says "Oh...its a birdie" This cute little guy had flown into our window! He was clearly injured and so we tried to help him! We checked on him throughout the night. we checked on him around 5 a.m before we went to bed and he was still there, not moving...then the next day..BAM he was gone. just like that! we don't know what happened to him...I just hope a larger animal didn't get poor birdie! RIP birdie!Night THREE & FOUR (Thursday & Friday=back to normal)
Day FOUR & FIVE (Friday & Saturday) Jennilyn forgot her photo shoot today...actually we don't have any pictures for these two days!
My family and Mueller came up Friday night and Jennilyn's parents came a picked her up! When my parents got there they took me and Mueller out to dinner which was much needed considering i hadn't left the house for four days ha so then we woke up Saturday and went snow mobiling which was way fun! My little brother and his friends went sledding and me and mueller would go pick them up at the bottom of the hill on the snow mobiles and take them to the top..it was actually a mountain not a hill! all in all it was a very fun and chill spring break! minus one minor incident!
Here is a simplified version of how to make the cake pops..they are too complicated to say all the steps...
First bake a cake and crumble it into a bowl. Then add the frostingMix the cake and frosting together. Then skip a few steps and mold it into the shape you want..skip a few more steps then dip them into chocolate :) i told you it was simplified!Final product! a cake pop! this was formed into a cupcake!These are the ugly ones that we tried to experiment on and they clearly went wrong!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooo-k first of all.... I'm highly offended that you spelled BRANDE right and not my name, second of all I really enjoyed this post ;) Brings back awesome memories lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Megan, you are my new favorite! I don't know how you and jenilyn became such good friends, but you are perfect for each other! You failed to mention that the "middle of the night" for you two could have been anywhere from 4am to ONE PM the next day! ;) but I am sad you guys went to the movie without me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try this again. your blog never lets me comment... I wish the cake pops would have tasted good! Don't forget movies for this weekend!

    ReplyDelete